Chiari Champs Blog

My name is Terri and this blog represents my journey through Chiari and how it affects my life.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Entry for September 25, 2007

Today is really hard. Yesterday I took a shower.. Yipee!! Sounds like a mundane thing to do, but let me tell you, by the time I was done, I felt like I had just run a couple of miles.. and I haven't run in many years ;)

Today, once again, I am just sitting here. Actually I am laying here. It is getting harder and harder to just sit here. I hate to have to call someone just so I can do something. I CAN walk up and down the stairs, but coming down makes me nervous, I stay downstairs all day until someone gets here to 'assist' me down. I just called my mom, who was busy, because I wanted to go to the grocery store. She put up the HUGE stop sign. No go!! Something that I use to take for granted.. going to the store, and I can't do it.

I had a thought today that I would be able to go to the store AND cook dinner for the family tonight. I am three weeks post-op. You would think I would be able to do something like that. NO chance. My mom reminded me that I still can't drive, can't go to the store alone, I can't do a lot of things... but I want to!! I know it is for the better, and so that I can heal properly and all, but geesh!! So, tonight, Mike will have to do it all once again. I know it is wearing on him so much, and I feel so bad. I sit here and I see something on the floor; a couple of weeks ago, I wouldn't have thought about it too much, but now, I want to pick it up so he doesn'thave to, and I can't.

For those of you rockers from the '80's remember Cinderella "Don't Know Whatcha Got Til it's Gone"... that sums up how I am feeling right now. I know others get depressed like this too, and they get through it, so will I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home