Chiari Champs Blog

My name is Terri and this blog represents my journey through Chiari and how it affects my life.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Entry for September 16, 2007

This is the first Blog Entry that I have actually written, so I guess it is only appropriate to thank my dear husband Mike for keeping you all up to date. He has been great to me through this whole thing, and so has his work... You know who you are :)

I have been home from Colorado about a week now, and today I started to get a little too sure of myself - and a little case of cabin fever). Since I had missed the last two football games and cheer performances, I was determined to go. Chan's game was from 9 - 11 and Austin's from 11 - 1. I let Mike take them to the field and I was planning on going to Chan's 1/2 time performance and then watch about one quarter of Austin's game. Well, by the time I got from the car to the stands, I was ready to go home. It hurt!! But, I toughed it out thanks to a walker and a neck brace. Just after half time, Mike checked on Austin and he was too sick to even make it through warm ups. As sad as I was that he was sick.... I was elated that I could go home.

This week we have been so blessed with people bringing us meals and asking if they can help and just calling to check in. There are so many more that I have not been able to contact yet. I am hoping to get in tough with each of you this week. If you are reading this and wondering if you should call.. please do!! I would LOVE to hear from you.

Austin (other than being sick) has been great. He is always willing to help. Channing, she is being a great big helper too. She use to say she wanted to be a doctor... who knows maybe she will come up with a cure for Chiair. Macee on the other hand, wants nothing to do with me. OK, I know she is only 17 months, but still. I want to be with her. I want her to come to me and just WANT me to pick her up, but she just wants dad. Oh well, maybe soon she will change and remember that I was the one that carried her for 9 months :)

I hope you all have a great night. Love your family, hug your kids, and don't forget your friends.

God bless you all,

Terri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home