Chiari Champs Blog

My name is Terri and this blog represents my journey through Chiari and how it affects my life.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Our wonderful family in Colorado, the White's


This is Mike [Me] and my cousin's Jim and Mary White. Jim's father (Great Uncle Happy) is my grandmother Grace's brother. They are simply awesome people. They opened their house to us without ever having met us. Now that says a great deal about them and how they value family. In fact this was the first time I have ever met my grandmother's side of the family, something I have always wanted to do. Most of them (and there are a lot of them) still reside in the state of Colorado, where they were all born. They were wonderful hosts to us in a very difficult time. Jim is great with his infectious laugh and his love of sports and his kids and grandkids. Mary his lovely wife and a very sweet Italian woman, always made sure we had enough to eat (and it was all amazing). The both made every effort to feel right at home and comfortable. It is amazing to have your family be filled out like that is such a short period of time. On the first day we arrived, they had other members of the family come over to meet us. They too, were all wonderful. Now that we have met, we plan to return when Terri is better so that we can spend some more time really getting to know them and also to bring Austin, Channing and Macee to meet them as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home