Chiari Champs Blog

My name is Terri and this blog represents my journey through Chiari and how it affects my life.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Terri's Surgery Day

Terri's surgery was successful, starting at 8:00 a.m. and ending at 12:30 p.m.. The doctor stated that when he got in there that it was worse than he had thought but he was still able to fix her up without any problems. She is now resting in ICU and for the most part is comfortable, only complaining of pain in the back of her head which is expected. However she has access to great pain medication so that is helping. I visited her shortly feeding her ice chips and just talking with her. She seemed very lucid and the nurses kept coming in and giving her neurological tests to make sure nothing was affected in that way. Sorry I could not include any of the photos I took in this blog entry but I misplaced the cable for the camera. I will find it and include them in the next one.

Again, thanks to all of you who have helped so very much. This has been a long time coming and now Terri has gotten a second chance at life. No more constant pain. Well I have to get back to the hospital. I'll write more as soon as I get a chance.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home